A Place to Grow and Feel at Home
Within a warm and friendly setting, Whytecliff incorporates the new BC Curriculum’s intellectual, personal, and social-emotional proficiencies, with a special emphasis on positive well-being. Youth with diverse learning and/or personal challenges (such as anxiety & depression), who have often struggled or straggled in other schools, find the tailored supports they need in order to be successful.
Not only does our unique and supportive approach work, children love being here! On average, children’s attendance doubles (vs. their previous school) and course completion rates increase 4 to 8 times! Children who graduate go on to universities, colleges, the trades, or the world of business or work (please check out our results tab).
- Two Locations: One in Burnaby serving the Lower Mainland (up to 36 youths), and one in Langley serving the Fraser Valley (up to 56 youths). Transportation assistance provided.
- Dual Accreditation: Whytecliff is a BC Ministry of Education accredited, dedicated Diverse Learning Needs Independent School for grades 8-12. Whytecliff is also accredited by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities).
- Co-ed program
- Low Student to Educator Ratio 6:1
- Class Sizes 3-6
- Operating Periods: Whytecliff formally operates September through May, Monday to Friday, between 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., with occasional evening and weekend programming. We are often open through – and offer optional programming during – public school breaks. The program engages participants in learning and structured activities from 25 to 35+ hours per week. After-hours support is also available. We include transportation assistance, private and individual lessons and tutoring, before and after school programs, and some breakfast and lunch programs.
- Non-Profit, High Value / Low Cost: Whytecliff is operated by Focus Foundation of BC, a non-profit that charges extremely reasonable program fee ($4,500 per year) which cover stransportation assistance, special programming and activities, on and off-site meals, facilities costs and needed operating funds. Program fees may be tax deductible, and bursaries and scholarships are available. Any child needing this program and unable to afford it will not be turned away.
- Applications for Entry: Any mental health or addictions professional, social worker, school counsellor or teacher, health or other professional, parent or caregiver may recommend a youth to Whytecliff. Youth can also introduce other youth or youth may make an application themselves and attend with their parent or caregiver’s permission.
- Affiliations: FISA Federation of Independent Schools
- CONTACT US:
Burnaby Campus: 3450 Boundary Rd, Burnaby BC V5M 4A5
TEL: 604-438-4451 FAX: 604-438-5572
Langley Campus: 20561 Logan Avenue, Langley BC V3A 7R3
TEL: 604-532-1268 FAX: 604-532- 1269